Information and Resources
The Arc of Greater Haverhill-Newburyport believes in the empowerment of families through education, and resource sharing. We value deep listening as a means to understanding the needs of each family and individual, while partnering with them to identify supports and resources for their unique situation. Our approach is based on respect for individuals and families, and recognition of their expertise, diversity, unique characteristics, and cultural and spiritual values. The voice of families is critical in driving social change and equal rights for people with disabilities.
Family Supports we provide:
- Information and Referral resources throughout the lifespan
- Support Groups and Individual Consultations
- Opportunities to meet other families with similar challenges
- Workshops and Trainings
- Provide support on topics such as Social Security, Educational Advocacy, and Financial Planning
- Share expertise in transition from High School to Adult Services
- DDS approved Flexible Funding (referral only)
- Navigation support during times of crisis or transition (referral only)
We also offer a Recreation Program including cooking, craft making, coffee hour talks and more!
For additional information and a calendar of activities please click here.
Connect With Us:
To schedule a one hour, consult please fill out the Intake Form below:
For additional support contact:
- Andrea Morris, Director of Family Supports email@example.com or 978-373-0552 x211
- Rowan DeAza, Bilingual Family Support Navigator firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-373-0552 x216
Current Family Support Hours:
Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm, appointments preferred.
Extended hours are offered by appointment only.
- Live in the Merrimack Valley – Amesbury, Andover, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Lawrence, Merrimac, Methuen, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, Rowley, Salisbury, or West Newbury.
- Be eligible, or potentially eligible, for services from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Families must be caring for a loved one who has a developmental disability.
- Referral from DDS (for Flexible Funding or Navigation only)
Your family member has a referral from the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS).